How To Pray The Rosary
The Rosary is a beautiful prayer bringing comfort and peace to all who are troubled and in need; indeed, it is a powerful prayer that can change your life, strengthen the family, bring peace to the world, convert entire nations, and win the salvation of souls. As Archbishop Sheen said: "The power of the rosary is beyond description."
The following will help guide you through this most beautiful prayer:
- While holding the Crucifix, begin by making the Sign of the Cross
- Then pray the Apostles Creed
- Proceed to the first bead and pray the Our Father
- Next pray the Hail Mary on each of the following three beads (intentions: Increase in Faith, Increase in Hope & Increase in Charity)
- Proceed to the next bead and pray the Glory Be To The Father
- Now you are ready to announce the First Mystery (there are four Mysteries; each Mystery has five decades focusing on the life of Christ - see below)
- Pray the Our Father
- Pray the Hail Mary on each of the succeeding ten beads
- Next pray the Glory Be To The Father
- Recite: Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.
- Repeat Steps 6 through 10 announcing the next Mystery until the Fifth Mystery is completed
- After completing the fifth Mystery, pray the Hail, Holy Queen