"The rosary is the book of the blind, where souls see and there enact the greatest drama of love the world has ever known; it is the book of the simple, which initiates them into mysteries and knowledge more satisfying than the education of other men; it is the book of the aged, whose eyes close upon the shadow of this world, and open on the substance of the next. The power of the rosary is beyond description."
Archbishop Fulton Sheen
How To Pray The Rosary
The Rosary is a beautiful prayer bringing comfort and peace to all who are troubled and in need; indeed, it is a powerful prayer that can change your life, strengthen the family, bring peace to the world, convert entire nations, and win the salvation of souls. As Archbishop Sheen said: "The power of the rosary is beyond description."
The following will help guide you through this most beautiful prayer:
- While holding the Crucifix, begin by making the Sign of the Cross
- Then pray the Apostles Creed
- Proceed to the first bead and pray the Our Father
- Next pray the Hail Mary on each of the following three beads (intentions: Increase in Faith, Increase in Hope & Increase in Charity)
- Proceed to the next bead and pray the Glory Be To The Father
- Now you are ready to announce the First Mystery (there are four Mysteries; each Mystery has five decades focusing on the life of Christ - see below)
- Pray the Our Father
- Pray the Hail Mary on each of the succeeding ten beads
- Next pray the Glory Be To The Father
- Recite: Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.
- Repeat Steps 6 through 10 announcing the next Mystery until the Fifth Mystery is completed
- After completing the fifth Mystery, pray the Hail, Holy Queen