Missionary Appeal In July
The weekend of the 21st & 22nd of July, we will be having a guest preacher, Fr. Christopher Johnson, OCD, a missionary Priest from Tamil Nadu, India. He belongs to the Carmelite Order in the Tamil Nadu Province. He will be presenting to us about their missionary activities in Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, and Sri Lanka. There will be a second collection on that weekend to be sent to the missionary activities of his Province. Your generous contributions are an outward sign of Divine Providence and will be used for one of the following needs:
- To provide a new church/chapel to a parish/mission where the church/chapel is unfit for worship.
- For the ongoing formation and education of the priest, seminarians and faithful in remote and rural missions and to serve as missionaries outside of India.
- To educate the children of new converts, who, due to unjust religious discrimination, are forced to return to Hinduism in order to seek scholarship, economic benefits, employment and other benefits.
- To provide a school for poor and drop-out children to enhance the economy of the poor.
- To organize self-help groups of the rural women for their empowerment.
- Uplifting the underprivileged youths through formal and non-formal industrial trainings
- To educate the children of HIV parents and to give them a social recognition and status.
- To uplift the physically challenged and to give them dignified living by educating their children for social equality and emancipation.
- To shelter the homeless and destitute aged by providing food, clothing and livelihood.
Let us welcome Fr. Christopher Johnson, OCD to our community and generously contribute for the missions as a sign of carrying out the Evangelization of Christ in the Church!
Immaculate Conception English Prayer Group Anniversary
The Immaculate Conception English Prayer Group will be celebrating their 17th Anniversary with a Thanksgiving Mass and Fellowship on Thursday, July 17th, 2018 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Lower Church. All are welcome to celebrate this wonderful event and to give thanks to God the Father for their 17 wonderful years of prayer and praise!